How do I become an Oblate of Mary Immaculate?
· Christ invites us to follow Him and to share in His mission through word and work.
· We co-operate with the Savior and imitate His example, committing ourselves principally to evangelizing the poor.
TO LIVE Christ Jesus
· We are ready to leave everything to be disciples of Jesus.
· Our desire to co-operate with Him draws us to know Him more deeply, to identify with Him and to let Him live in us.
· We give ourselves to the Father in obedience even unto death and dedicate ourselves to God’s people in unselfish love.
In Apostolic community
· We strive to be the Lord’s companions and His messengers.
To live Christ Jesus crucified
· The cross of the Lord is central to our mission- through the eyes of our crucified Saviour we see the world.
Among the most abandoned
· Our principal mission is to proclaim Christ to the most abandoned.
· Our mission is to those whose condition cries out for hope. These are the poor with their many faces; we give them our preference.
In the Church
· We work in unity and brotherhood with others who work for the Gospel.
Proclaiming the Word
· We spare no effort to proclaim the Word of God, and feel a responsibility to evangelize.
With daring, humility and trust
· We are close to the people whom we serve and take into account their values and aspirations.
As prophets of the new world
· We bear witness to God’s holiness and justice and announce the liberating presence of Jesus Christ born in his resurrection.
With Mary Immaculate
· We shall always look to Mary Immaculate, the patroness of our Congregation, as our mother.
· We always strive to instil genuine devotion to Mary Immaculate.